We signed a contract to buy a home in SC with 5,000.00

We signed a contract...

We signed a contract to buy a home in SC with 5,000.00 dollars ernest money , signed it Friday, realtor presented it to the seller on Saturday. They have not accepted but our home sell failed and we want to cancel without losing all of our ernest money, we were pressured in putting up 5,000.00. Since the seller has not accepted can we cancel without losing our money. We live in NC house contract is in SC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

None to cancel but the signed the realtor papers with the offer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Cherry Grove SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that i know , but how much will this cost me?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Ok

5/27/2018
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Have you notified your realtor yet?
Has there been any counteroffer from the seller?
Loren, Attorney
not yet holiday wondering should we? no acceptance nor counter offer. Our realtor was supposed to present on Saturday, have not had a response. we have not inspected nor appraised home for loan.
Phone call session started