Can a non licensed person ask for donations to do

Customer Question
Can a non licensed...

Can a non licensed person ask for donations to do cosmetology in Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CO lawyer about this?

No A friend is asking on facebook about helping people. She is getting blasted by others saying she can not do anyones hair with out a license. Just wondering.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the friend taken so far?

Just seeking information

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/27/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

She can do people's hair but she cannot hold herself out to the public as doing people's hair, such as through Facebook. So basically, if someone asks her to do their hair and it is someone she knows, that is fine, but she cannot advertise generally that she'll do people's hair. And she cannot cannot accept money, either in payment or donations without a license. This is the way that the laws define cosmetology.