Tl;dr I disagree with validated debt and don't know how to…

Customer Question
tl;dr I disagree with validated...
tl;dr I disagree with validated debt and don't know how to proceed...I wrote a debt verification letter and the 3rd party responded with "validated" proof. It was just basic info showing the amount and creditor.I know of the account but I disagree that I owe any money. The creditor is a payment processor and handled payments I took in for freelance work. A contract was signed with the original client with arbitration clauses. The client disputed with the processor directly and won (processor didn't care about the contract or my side [if it matters I lived up to the contract and have proof]).I don't want a collection like this on my account and i'm not paying the money since the client has and is continuing to use my work. How do I proceed? Do I have to initiate arbitration with the payment processor?
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
5/27/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 24 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I don't want a collection like this on my account and i'm not paying the money since the client has and is continuing to use my work. How do I proceed? Do I have to initiate arbitration with the payment processor?

Response: Yes, you need to follow the procedures stated in your contract for initiating arbitration to ask for arbitration to resolve this disputed amount if you do not want this collection to appear on your credit file.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.