Second opinion] I purchased my property in Jan. 1999. My…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I purchased...

Second opinion] I purchased my property in Jan. 1999. My neighbor/family moved onto his property in Mar. 2007. I have lived on my property since I purchased it. My neighbor says that a portion of my property is his and I believe he acquired the lower portion of my property by whatever means. I have maintained this property mowing, cleaning away debris, having trees cut down professionally to prevent injury or damage to people or other property, ext. Never once have these people approached me, nor have I received any legal or written proclamation regarding their legally rights to the property. I would very much like to keep my property and sell it intact. Is there any legal recourse available to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have an up coming appointment with an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

It is located in South Carolina.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It seems this person who lives next door really wants my property and would like to see me move.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 28 days ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

Does the neighbor have a survey showing you are encroaching on his property?

.

Has anyone taken any legal actions at this point?

.

Have you ever fenced off the area that you have been maintaining?

..

.

thanks