My husband age 62 was admitted to the hospital with

Customer Question
My husband age 62...

My husband age 62 was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and sepsis later had a stroke and was diagnosed 5 days later on a Wednesday and hurriedly transferred by a non-emergency transport on the following Friday to a LTC. A doctor never laid eyes on him and all orders were given to his nurses by phone. He never had a IV put in and passed away about 29 hours after being transfered. The nurse and staff were running around like chickens with their heads off for better words and my husbands medical records have some very conflicting information as far as time and events. It was so out of control; I made a 911 call from the hospital after they rolled in a teledoc machine after my husband stopped breathing and no doctor came after code blue was called. I could not believe what was happening. They did CPR for 20 minutes with no success and they informed me he ha passed. The paramedics arrived on the scene and the idiots hada not called a time of death so the paramedics started CPR on my husband who had passed away some 10-15 minutes earlier! He passed on April 7, 2018 and the doctor who never saw him signed his death certificate on May 15, 2018 holding up his cremation and causing a tremendous amount of stress on the entire family. Now I'm getting nothing but this tort law carp here in Texas which allows people on SSI to be treated like nobodies by the people who are to help them get better. I really need someone to look into this for closure because my sweet husband didn't deserve to die at the hands of such neglect. Thank you for your time. We as Mike's family and friends want justice for what happened to him and will do whatever it takes to make sure that a teledoc machine is never used in a major hospital with a ICU and no doctor around to answer a code blue. This tragedy should not have ever happened!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
I wii continue to wait Josie, thank you.
Lawyer: Sally Bergman,
 replied 2 months ago
Sally Bergman

My sincere condolences for the tragic loss of your husband. I can only imagine the grief and suffering this has caused you and your family. Please know that I'm a California attorney so I can only provide you with some generalities, and not Texas-specific information. I do however, have experience with personal injury and medical negligence matters here in California. First and foremost, no reputable attorney should ever in any manner treat you inappropriately because you are on SSI. You are the same human being the rest of us are. I would suggest you contact an experienced attorney who handles medical negligence matters. Where in Texas are you as I can do some research and perhaps provide you with some names. Because there are always strict time limitations, the sooner you contact an attorney, the better. Kind regards, ***** *****