About 10 years ago wells fargo bank claimed I owed them

Customer Question
About 10 years ago...

About 10 years ago wells fargo bank claimed I owed them $11,000 for a credit card. I Never opened a credit card account with wells fargo. They took me to court and the judge dismissed the case because they couldn't provide any evidence. is there a case here to sue them for accusing me of owing $11,000?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

New york state

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None this was while back. the judge dismissed it and said i didnt owe anything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/26/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
If they sued you in bad faith you can sue them for abuse of process and malicious prosecution.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekBy being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!