I have a situation going on with my family and im trying to…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a situation going on with my family and im trying to figure out legally what my options are

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I had an order of protection put in place and filed a complaint with the nearest PD...my husband is also an officer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My statement to the IAB was false my mother has been advising me to add things to my statement

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/26/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically is going on?

I got into a domestic situation with my husband who is an NYPD officer and my mother who has never liked my husband coersed me into adding to my statement now im realising what she made me do im trying to rectify the situation...of course there's the issue of him looking his job but i just want to keep my statement as true as possible
I feel like out of her dis like for my husband she may be adding false statements

okay - what exactly did you say in your statement. You can of course always refute what your mother states in her statement. However, you could be opening yourself up to legal trouble if you recant your statement.

I said he restrained me at times a few years ago and its been an issue off and on over 9 years...They asked me if I reported it and i said no they asked me why not and i said it wasn't a serious situation
Then they asked me if this was the only incident dance he's been an officer and unsaid yes
I said yes*
Since*

okay - there doesn't seem to be anything of major legal concern in that statement. Did you have any bruising on your arms from being "restrained" or anything of that nature?

The restrain comment was from previous incidents but this recent issue i have bruising and my face was swollen the have photos...the assault happened in Mexico and i filed a report when i got back in the US

okay - thank you for the information - what specifically do you need help with?

I want to know if they can prosecute him criminally

It would be very difficult for him to get prosecuted without your input. The prosecutor would have to have you testify to go forward with the charge. And it does not sound like you want to do that.