A question about Dish causing damage to my house. They say I…

Hi, a question about...

Hi, a question about Dish causing damage to my house. They say I have to use insurance, I say they caused it, they should fix it

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

After the hurricane last year I called them, they looked, but never told me anything. I forgot, actually thought they fixed it But rqiny season is starting, and the roof is damaged

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should do it

5/26/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Did you get an estimate on how much it would cost to fix the roof?

Nnot yet I just got off chat with Dish, where they told me this
I see this as a breach of contract, shouldn't they use new equipment for a new install?
Although it may be wishful thinking on my part, as I don't know if it's in the contract

Alright. Dish is probably saying that the hurricane caused the damage and it is not responsible because of the act of God. If though, that a "Force Majeure" clause allowing the exemption is not in your contract, or if the satellite dish was not up to standard or something like that, then it could be considered a breach of contract.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

OK, thank you

You are welcome. By the way, if you are saying that the reinstallation caused the damage, then that also could be a breach of contract.

If you have no further questions, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
I guess I should thank you and bid a great holiday!!

You are welcome. You too!