I inherited property about 15 years plus before I got

Customer Question
Goodmorning, I inherited property...

Goodmorning, I inherited property about 15 years plus before I got married. I then purchased a trust in 2011 and put my home and checking account attached to the trust. I just recently sold my inherited home and used those same proceeds to purchase a new home. Will I be safe. Even though I used the same proceeds from the inheritance. My husband is not very nice sometimes and we have had a history of domestic violence. I'm trying to get out the relationship. Fast, but I want to protect myself as well. Please help. Do I need to take him with me to the new home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

San Diego California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have a trust that states the property is my separate property account and I have my grandfathers trust stating the home was inherited to me.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

How is the new home titled - in your name or the name of the trust?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Tarikka Jordan,Trustee of the 2011 Tarikka Jenkins separate property trust dated 10/10/2011
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No. that's fine. I just want to use these services once
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I don't really have any money to pay $60 to call sorry
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Would you be able to help me
Tina, Lawyer