But the contract in Question is bound by Florida law. This…

Customer Question
Hi there! Yes! Lawyer's...

Hi there! Yes!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm Canadian but the contract in Question is bound by Florida law

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is my first step.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, it's a contracts question - I'm trying to figure out if something constitutes injury and would be enough to break a contract

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/25/2018
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 2 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. What do you want to know about the contract?

I digitally signed a contract for coaching and PR services (I am the client, they are the providers) - the other two people who I hired did not. We are about 4 months into the 6 month contract and yesterday, one of the people that I contracted, on tape - she had to give me permission to record, so she's aware she was being recorded - admitted to me that she had neglected to tell me some information about my business that had cost me a retainer client of 10,000$/month. She failed to tell me the problem so that I could rectify it and admits it in the recording. Would this be enough to claim injury, as it cost me 60k.

To clarify, this was something (like a service) that they were contractually bound to provide you in the agreement and they failed to do so, resulting in the lost of your client and $60,000?

as a part of the coaching agreement, they did Target Market Research for me. They failed to disclose to me elements of the research, so I couldn't rectify the problems and there's an admission, on recording, that I lost out on a 10k/month corporate retainer client for services that I provide because of it.
Also, I don't know if this makes a difference, but we e-signed for the contract. I, as the client, signed the contract but they, as the service providers, didn't. I never noticed until I went to look at the contract today.

If they failed to provide services as noted under the contract and that resulted in damages, absolutely that's grounds for a breach of contract claim for the damages you incurred.

Now, generally, you must have a contract signed by both parties to show a valid agreement. Of course, whether or not there's an enforceable contract depends upon much more than simply a signed document. And, you could have an enforceable contract without a signed document if you can show the other elements (offer, acceptance, consideration).

Sounds like you need to consult with a Florida lawyer about a potential civil claim. While I cannot recommend you specific attorneys per site rules, you can call the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1***-***-**** and they can help you find a lawyer and set up a 30 minute consultation (phone consult in your case) for $25.