Do you take labor law questions? neither just asking,

Customer Question
Do you take labor...

Do you take labor law questions?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Neither just asking

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Salaried

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

What is your question?

Is it required to pay a salaried employee when they call in sick for the day?
no thank you

No, it is not. When a salaried employee misses an entire day due to personal reasons, they do not have to be paid as long as your company has a regular policy of reducing pay or a sick leave bank when anyone misses time due to sickness (hourly or salaried).

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Do you have any additional questions?

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.