We hired a fence company on April 5th to tear down and

Customer Question
We hired a fence...

We hired a fence company on April 5th to tear down and replace our backyard fence by end of April. He blew us off totally until last week..put the posts in and never came back. He says daily he will be back next day to finish, and has not returned or communicated. He just keeps putting us off. We paid him half 1289.00. Upon completion of fence we were supposed to pay him 2nd half. Pls advise what we can do to communicate with him that if its not completed by Tuesday that we will be suing for him all costs in total.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No we haven't done anything. I've never been in this situation before.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

It is a residential home in Overland Park, KS

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/25/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You could try to call the police for theft by fraud, but because he did some work, they will tell you it is a civil matter

You need to send him a text and a letter as well telling him he has 5 business days to resume work or you will consider the contract in breach and will be suing him for damages including the costs to complete the work he started. If he does not get started back in 5 business days (which courts consider reasonable notice) then you can go to small claims and sue.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.