I signed a contract for electrical work but had to cancel…

I signed a contract...

I signed a contract for electrical work but had to cancel before any work was started or drawing submitted to the county to get necessary permits but the contractor will not give me my deposit back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I told him that I would be unable to start the job as initially planned. He has a full time job at the airport but said my timely cancellation before any work was started has caused him loss wages! I fail to understand if the loss it is from his full time job or from what he has not done for me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want my $4,000 deposit back. He did go to try and get the permit tht was not issued because he didn't have any plans drawn up.

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

All of this typing is not adequate for me due to my eyesite I need to talk to some one.

Sure thing. If you'd like, we could have a phone call. It's $59, but it is totally worth it.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Phone call session started
Please! Why am I still typing when I requested a phone call

Hello! I see that you requested a phone call. That’s great news! I have just one caller ahead of you, but you will be live on the phone with me in about 30 minutes.

Who is suppose to call me, is this site real?

I'll be calling you. No worries!