Change my name .problem is a conviction in 1978 office of…

Customer Question
Change my name .problem...

Change my name .problem is a conviction in 1978 office of executive clemency granted oct .9 1987

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Fl.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I cant find anyone to help only income ssi $730.00

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
want to change my name but i heard if I'm x con i cant change my name
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
in florida
5/25/2018
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 26 days ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

What you've heard isn't exactly correct. So long as you have a valid reason for wanting to change your name (e.g., you aren't doing it to duck creditors or flee from prosecution) courts will generally grant a request upon a petition for name change. It is true that you will have to have fingerprinting done and a background check done, so the court will be very aware of your conviction. However, your conviction was 40 years ago and your civil rights were restored by executive clemency. If you haven't been in trouble since, I don't forsee you having any problems.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
by the way i have a paper saying from office of executive clemency. restoration of civil rights dated 10/9/87.

Right, so I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a name change.

Please let me know if I may clarify anything for you or provide you with additional information. If not, kindly take a moment to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
what do i do first ? can i get the papers i need to start my prosess on line
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 25 days ago

If I may clarify anything or provide you with additional information, please let me know, and I'll be happy to help! Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Thank you!