Need to file a mechanics lien in colorado urgently. None,

Customer Question
Need to file a...

Need to file a mechanics lien in colorado urgently

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CO lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, last day worked on project was 2/7/18

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, only my research indicates I must file a 10 day notice to Owner prior to filing a lien not later than June 6th.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal

Our client is Toys R Us, the Building Owner that is leasing facility to Toys, isGS ************ ***, **** ********** ****, ************ , ********-**** Property address is: **** *. ****** **** ****, ************* CO, County is *********

5/25/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. You will need to file your Lien Notice first. This Notice is a written “Notice of Intent to File a Mechanic’s Lien” (hereafter “Lien Notice”) must be served on the owner by certified mail, return receipt or by personal delivery. You will have to wait a full 10 days (not including the date of mailing). Then the lien notice must be filed in the county land records where the property is located. The recording of lien must be done within 4 months of the last day you provided labor and materials to the job.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.