Looking to chat with a tenant/landlord lawyer. Palm Springs,

Customer Question
Looking to chat with...

Looking to chat with a tenant/landlord lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the landlord in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Palm Springs , California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the landlord taken so far?

None, it not a traditional question

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am purchasing a property in Palm Springs with a difficult tenant that has no lease not pays rent.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello. What can I answer?
I am buying a property in Palm Springs. Apparently the seller has a difficult family member living there that won’t know the house is being sold. This tenant supposedly has no lease nor pays rent. How difficult will it be to get them out if they have no rental agreement or lease? Do they have a right to stay in the home? Thank you
Hello? -are we satill connected?
The tenant is month to month. Normally 30 day notice is sufficient to end tenancy. An eviction lawyer can expedite too. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seek. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
No, Im sorry but I already know this process you are expianing here. There is no month to month, the tenant never had a lease, there is no agreement. It’s same as if someone took over a place that didn’t belong to them.
If there is no lease the person by default is month to month and has to be formally evicted unless you agree on a vacate date which tenant should want to avoid an eviction on his record!If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me