Had contrraact with US Tech/OMG for computer debugging in…

Customer Question
Had contrraact with US...

Had contrraact with US Tech/OMG for computer debugging in about 2014. Their system went down. the phones were disconnected and thee business was shut down for fraud. Their system stopped working . Contract obtained by collections agency and they want $691,00 from me because I initially got the contract even though the company only provided a couple of months service and not all the time that was supposed to be included. Am I responsible for this unfulfilled contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in AZ.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I want to know if I should pay. They say pay or else they will give to another agency

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You have rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. You can dispute this debt on the grounds that the company breached the contract by failing to provide the services you paid for because they were shut down due to their fraudulent activities. You should do that formally in writing and send it to the collection agency via registered or certified mail.

Once you do that, they are not allowed to bother you any further. You could then report every harassing phone call this collection company makes to the Federal Trade Commission and they can be fined $1,000 for each incident!

They would have to take you to court if they wanted the money, but given the facts and circumstances, they'd have to be crazy to do so.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.