I have been with live in boyfriend in a few different

I have been with...

I have been with live in boyfriend in a few different dwellings for two and a half years. He denies this. As of late, he has been verbally abusive. He bought a house in October with which I picked out all of the new paint, carpet, doors, appliances, etc. my family is so proud of me. He continually threatens to kick me out and says I have no rights to His house. Do I have any rights? All of my belongings, including grand piano and large hutch are here. I do not make a lot of money and he is exceedingly upper middle class. I am scared and devastAted and having a difficult tine feeling secure. Thank you for any input.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, I am not married to him and feel I have no rights.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ca. He has been separated and going through a lengthy divorce due to a lot of assets. I am not the reason for the divorce btw

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been his “wife” in personal emotional support he entire time. I am 41 years old and nervous of course

5/24/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Sadly, even though you picked everything out, you are considered a tenant. This means though that he has to provide you at least 60 days written notice before you are to leave. Even if you don't leave, he would have to sue you to get you physically removed from the property. It doesn't matter whether you are paying rent or are in a physical relationship with each other.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Thank you so much. I simply needed to know my rights and you definitely gave me those. Much appreciated. Again, thank you

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started