I contracted to have my house painted. Next thing I know, I…

I contracted to have...

I contracted to have my house painted. Next thing I know, I have a bill on my property tax. All the documents I have have no one else's signature on them. Is this legal? I now have a lien on my house. That is not acceptable. I want this removed immediately. Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the house located?

Customer:***** San Diego, CA 92123

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told that a contract is not legal unless both parties sign the paperwork. Is that true?

5/24/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. The site asked me to see if I could assist you.

"I contracted to have my house painted. Next thing I know, I have a bill on my property tax. All the documents I have have no one else's signature on them."

Can you attach the document(s)?

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT ATTACHING THE DOCUMENTS.
There are two companies who wrote out the same thing. One was Pacific Home Remodeling, Inc. which was the only company I thought I was dealing with and the other is Homestar Builders, Inc.
If you can tell me how to attach the documents I will try.

One moment please and I will explain.

How do I send a photo or file to the Expert?

You can send a photo or file to your Expert using the file attachment tool in the reply box of your question page. Here's how:

1. On your question page, look below the last response to find the two tabs that say RATE TO FINISH and REPLY TO EXPERT.
  2. Click the REPLY TO EXPERT tab.
  3. Click the paperclip icon.

In the pop-up window, click the small icon to the right of the IMAGE URL field. This will open a new pop-up window.

1. In the new IMAGE UPLOAD pop-up window, click the BROWSE or CHOOSE FILE button.
  2. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click OPEN.
  3. You will now return to the IMAGE UPLOAD window. Click OK to proceed.
  4. Now, back in the first pop-up window, click the INSERT button.
  5. In the new IMAGE UPLOAD pop-up window, click the BROWSE or CHOOSE FILE button.
  6. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click OPEN.
  7. You will now return to the IMAGE UPLOAD window. Click OK to proceed.
  8. Now, back in the first pop-up window, click the INSERT button.
  9. An icon representing your photo or file shold now show in the reply box on your question page.
  10. Click the REPLY TO EXPERT button to send your photo or file.
  11. To send a photo or file, it must be 5MB or less and in one of the following formats: GIF, PNG, JPEG, ZIP, RAR, PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, DOCX, XLSX, SWF, FLV, WMV. If your photo or file is larger than 5MB, please resize it or send it to customer support at *****@******.***.

Dear Attorney 2, in response to your request I have attached copies of all the documents I signed plus my property tax bill. Some of the documents are legal length I have had to copy each page twice.
I had just finished painting my house when 3 guys in a truck stopped by and told me they could paint my house to stop termites and to insulate my house and that I would never have to paint my house again. Although I said NO, several times they continued to pressure me. I signed a contract and was told by one person that he would rebate me $5000.00. See addendum to contract. I have never received that money.
When I objected and said I couldn't pay it they told me that I should go through Pace Funding and produced another document for me to sign..(See Pace Program terms). They gave me no time to read the Pace documents and pressured me to initial and sign.
Next thing I knew I was paying Pace through my Property Tax bill.
Recently, I met with my bank on a different matter and they looked at the documents and immediately called Elder Abuse.
I am desperate to get out from under these heavy payments and have the lien, which was never mentioned to me, against my house removed.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you have had time to review everything..Thank you so much for your interest in my situation.Sincerely, ***** **********

I am sorry I do not see any attached documents.

First and foremost, if you believe that this financial exploitation of an elderly person you want to file a complaint with law enforcement if you have not done so already.

Dear Attorney2,
Thank you for your quick reply. I sent this email to myself as well as you (Bcc). I did receive it but you didn't. Maybe the size of the email plus documents couldn't be received by your PC. A person from the Elder Abuse Agency that my bank contacted on my behalf, came to see me. She copied some of the documents. I will wait to hear from her and then contact you again. Is that OK?
Sincerely,
Lura Wadman

I am not sure how you emailed to me directly.

You can email the site and the site can forward documents to me.

Please contact Customer Care:

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada 1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

I figured out how to attach the documents to this. Here they are.

This is a contractor's/mechanic's lien.

You are going to need a local Attorney to assist you with this matter. I can provide a link for local Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations. You will also contact http://www.cslb.ca.gov/

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars?

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their work or time unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for your suggestion. I guess I will have to find a attorney who knows contract law.

You are most welcome. I provided a link for you above, Here is the link again.

Link for Attorneys https://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/construction-law/san-diego-county/california

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney