I received a judgement to be evicted in Alexandria va. If I…

I received a judgement...

I received a judgement to be evicted in Alexandria va. If I pay this can I still be evicted

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

No not yet trying to get legal aid

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Started to work on getting the money and registered with legal aid

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The landlord said she will meet with me but I'm feeling uncomfortable with trusting her

5/24/2018
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

I need some clarification to help answer your question. Did you receive notice of an intention to file for eviction or were you served an eviction lawsuit in which a judge signed a court order of eviction against you.

I received a court hearing that went to trial and then received a judgement
I don't have that now. In a bad situation

Ok thank you. Since your landlord has a court order the landlord does not have to accept payment from you and may contact the sheriff to remove you from the property. With that said, you may meet with the landlord and come to a written agreement that allows you to stay and continue renting the property. If the landlord is willing to enter into an agreement with you, do not give them any money until you have something in writing from them. In all honesty, the best thing to do in this situation is to find a new place to live. You may not want to continue living in a property under this landlord.

She has agreed to meet with me. But wants it made can that stop the marshal.
I meant paid

Ok, basically you need to enter into a whole new lease agreement in order to protect yourself.

that means even if we come to an agreement and all is paid they can still evict me

Yes because of the court order. If this had been done prior to the hearing it would be a different story. Your landlord is in possession of a court order stating you must leave the property. In order to protect yourself, you will need a new contract that protects yourself from the landlord attempting to use that court order against you.

Ok I will talk with them tomorrow and work on getting a lawyer thank you so much.

No problem! Please remember to rate my service. Thank you!

Your service was perfect. This is a great website

I appreciate the compliment. Please remember to rate my service by choosing the star rating at the top of the page. Thank you! Please let me know if I may be of assistance in the future!

Jessica B