I am trying to get a visa for my wife in costa rica.I spent…

I am trying to...

I am trying to get a visa for my wife in costa rica.I spent 30 days and 2200 dollars in san jose and they applied for the wrong type of visa and therefore was was denied.I am unable to afford any more exspence. What can I do to obtain a temporary visa.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

Yes. in san jose costa rica.They applied for a tourist visa and was denied.I was told to reapply. I am unable to afford any more without a guarantee of acceptance

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

I am unable to aafford a lawyer

5/23/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Why was it denied? 214(b)?

ok

ok what? Did you see my response seeking more information?

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Phone call session started

In order to bring your wife to live with you in the US, you must first submit form I-130 and form I-130A to the USCIS in the US. That will be processed and if approved, it will go to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will ask you to submit form I-864 and direct your spouse to submit an online immigrant visa application for a CR-1 visa. The case will then go to the US embassy, where she will have an interview for the visa to come to the US and will undergo a medical examination. She will need to take form I-693 with her to the medical examination.. This is for an immigrant visa. The B2 is a nonimmigrant visa and is inappropriate for her to come to the US to live with you.

Once the visa is approved and issued to her, she can come to the US as an immigrant, and will get her green card to live and work in the US.

In order to qualify for this, as part of the I-130/I-130A, you will have to show that you are in a bona fide, good faith marriage. To show that, you need to show that you are in a legitimate marriage by providing proof of the long-term relationship. That is with pictures, letters from family and friends, making her a beneficiary in a will or life insurance, retirements accounts, etc. Because of the age difference, the US immigration authorities want to see a lot of strong evidence, so be prepared to provide that.

Lawyers charge different fees, based on their assessments of the difficulty of a case, based on market value of their services, etc. There is no set fees for a lawyer to help you with a case.

The I-130 has a filing fee of $535. The I-864 that will be submitted to the NVC upon its request has a fee of $88. Then there is a fee for the online immigrant visa: $230. These are government fees and cannot be negotiated.

AS far as the K-3 visa, it is rarely, if ever, approved anymore. Why? Because it was created to bring families together while the I-130 is processing. The I-130 used to take a very long time to process. That is not the case anymore. If the I-130 petition is approved before the K-3 visa is issued, then the K-3 cannot be issued. This is often the case.

I hope that helps clear things up for you.