I'm being sued by my mother in a Civil case which was filed…

Customer Question
I'm being sued by...

I'm being sued by my mother in a Civil case which was filed in Los Alamos, NM and I live in Georgia. I need help to answer the subpoena in 15 days from the date of May 18,2018 and 30 days from May 28, 2018 to answer the summons. Can you please help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Georgia however the law suit was filed in Los Alamos District court, county of Los Alamos, state of New Mexico and the Ga attorney told me I need a lawyer from New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None yet, I do not know how or I do not have an attorney that can file a response

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/23/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear that;

this is correct- that the attorney must be licensed in the state where the suit is pending.

Here is a link to the NM bar association attorney referral page:

https://www.nmbar.org/Nmstatebar/For_Members/LRS.aspx

You can also check www.martindale.com which many professionals use to locate an attorney.

I called the New Mexico bar of association and I had no luck finding an attorney you can handle a Civil Case. Can you help me find one?

Unfortunately I am not able to provide specific legal referrals.

You can check the www.martindale.com site as they list attorneys by location/areas of practice.

Normally the bar will provide a list of attorneys in your county.

Can you recommend an attorney that handles Civil cases in New Mexico because I need an attorney right away

I'm sorry; I am not able to provide specific referrals; were you able to check that site?

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.