From wisconsin. got hurriedly made 2 sign a contract from a…

From wisconsin. got hurriedly...

From wisconsin. got hurriedly made 2 sign a contract from a shady furnace contrctor. do i have 3 day right 2 cancel if at very bottom small print says i waive that right?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just checked 2 see if credit card pmt went thru yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Wisconsin. signed in my house yesterday afternoon. but is the 3 day waiver clause legal 4 a contractor contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not yet

5/23/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

just type

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Generally, state and federal law allow for a three-day “cooling off” period, but they only apply to some purchases, not all purchases. According to the FTC, this rule doesn’t apply to sales of goods or services not intended for personal, family or household purposes. So, if this was a good and service that applied to your family or person reasons, then the law doesn't allow for a rescission. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get out of this without the consent of the contractor.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

but this IS apersonal service 2 install cooling heating units in my house, & no work has been done yet and under wi law u can so i dont understand except if the 3 day waiver tucked in was legal

Gotcha. My apologies. I thought that this was for a business. If that is the case, then if this is the case, then the three-day rule would apply.

You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter advising that the FTC three-day rule applies since this is a sale of a personal good and service and thus you have the right to cancel the contract. You can also state that the waiver is illegal. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template cease and desist letter (click here). Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. How else can I help you today?

i didnt get the required cancellation notices so should i print those off the wi consumer protection site too or will that form take care of it 7 i didnt get 2 copies from them like i was supposed 2

Yes, go ahead and print those off.

Just as an FYI, I do have to run for a meeting, but I'll be back on around 1pm PST.

thank u

Ok, I am back.

Did you have any other questions for me today? If not, were you satisfied with my service today:-)?

That cease and desist letter says it will take 1-2 days 2 download so its no use. But i did print the wi ones and will certify mail today. Ill write their 3 day waiver smt is illegal and ur sure it is? But otherwise thanks that should do it

Yes. Based on what you provided, it's illegal for them to do that because federal law is the law of the land.

Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer