I have a verry noisy neighbor above me. I have complained…

I have a verry...

I have a verry noisy neighbor above me. I have complained when it was

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have a very noisy neighbor above me. I have complained to management

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

I have a very noisy neighbor above me. I have complained to management and have even called the police when it was unbearable. Because I complained she is antagonizing me by making even more noise. What can I do? I am on Social Security and cannot afford to move.

5/21/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your nuisance law and landlord-tenant question. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this question. There should be noise ordinances in effect in your locality that include quite times at night and maximum levels of noise emissions during day hours.

A complaint needs to be made with the city council and/ or police to enforce these local noise ordinances.

You do have a right to the quiet enjoyment of your property throughout the lease.

Your landlord/ management needs to take appropriate action in this respect and where you don't want to move out there may be provision for you to withhold on rent or reduce rent for this interference with your property.

You would need to put the management on notice of your intentions to do the same by writing them a letter and your intended actions.

The laws on withholding rent vary from State to State but a written notice is a prerequisite requirement.

We are here to help so please follow up with me on this question as needed.

In return by taking the time to leave a positive rating before exiting today I get a credit for my time.

So please do take the time to do this.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney