Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
When the owner of a life insurance policy dies, at what point
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
When the owner of a life insurance policy dies, at what point are the beneficiaries of the policy legally due the proceeds - upon the date of death, upon the date of the discovery of the death or when… read more
If I am life insurance policy owner and beneficiary, can an
P. Simmons, Attorney
If I am life insurance policy owner and beneficiary, can an adult daughter of deceased legally file a death claim against my policy? Does she have any rights to this payout? There was no will or testa… read more
I 'm involved as a defendant in a civil case about the
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I 'm involved as a defendant in a civil case about the beneficiary rights of a life insurance policy my deceased father bought. I am named the sole beneficiary. His ex-wife contends she and her son ar… read more
IF a life insurance policy is left to a beneficiary and is
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
IF a life insurance policy is left to a beneficiary and is under 20,000 can PA estate recovery take that money… read more
Question If you are named as the primary beneficiary on a
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Question: If you are named as the primary beneficiary on a life insurance policy, and there is no will when that individual dies. What are your legal obligations, when you are the niece but there is a… read more
Does the owner of a life insurance policy wishes take
Legal Eagle, Attorney
does the owner of a life insurance policy wishes take precedence over a designated beneficiary when he states in his will that he wants the policy to be distributed to his estate.but beneficiary wont … read more
If the named beneficiaries to a life insurance policy do not
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Doctoral Degree
If the named beneficiaries to a life insurance policy do not send the death certificate to the insurance company within the prescribed time (30 days) and the insurance company closes the claim, can a … read more
I was the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. my cousin
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Attorney
I was the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. my cousin wanted part of the money. He claims the deceased wanted me to share the money with him. I refused and now he is suing me for 100,000. Now hi… read more
If a beneficiary dies who is also a policy owner, does her
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
If a beneficiary dies who is also a policy owner, does her children receive her potion of the life insurance cash value at her death or the face value of the polciy? … read more
i was named as beneficiary to a life policy for my now deceased
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
i was named as beneficiary to a life policy for my now deceased ex- his widow refuses to send copy of policy and wants to split the amount- how do I find the name of the company which issued the polic… read more
Hi, my father passed away in June. He had a life insurance
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Doctoral Degree
Hi, my father passed away in June. He had a life insurance policy with my deceased grandmother as the beneficiary. Since my grandmother had also passed away, the check went to his wife of four years s… read more
i am the beneficiary of my deceased aunts small life ...
rvlaw
rvlaw, Judge
i am the beneficiary of my deceased aunts small life insurance policy however unknown to her while she was living the insurance co. Metlife went public, there is now about 16,000 dollars in stock. am … read more
I am the beneficiary of my deceased sister's life insurance
Marsha411JD, Doctoral Degree
I am the beneficiary of my deceased sister's life insurance policy. She passed a few months ago and I understand the original policyholders (Jackson Mutual and Mutual Life) merged with Atlanta Life in… read more
Can a life insurance policy be assigned by the beneficiary
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Can a life insurance policy be assigned by the beneficiary after the person is deceased and if so to whom… read more
What if there is a life insurance policy on someone and no
Legal Eagle, Attorney
What if there is a life insurance policy on someone and no beneficiary is assigned? Who gets the money? … read more
When the beneficiary on a life insurance policy dies 9 days ...
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
When the beneficiary on a life insurance policy dies 9 days after the policy holder is it possible for the contingent beneficiaries to collect on the policy? I''ve heard this might be considered "simu… read more
Can a spouse give a life insurance policy to an ex-wife as
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Can a spouse give a life insurance policy to an ex-wife as beneficiary when his wife was once beneficiary of?… read more
My recently deceased mother in law had a life insurance
Legal Eagle, Attorney
My recently deceased mother in law had a life insurance policy which my wife is named as a beneficiary on. Does that money have to go through her estate first? … read more