I am being sued for A car that was repossessed four years…

I am being sued...

I am being sued for A car that was repossessed four years ago by Oklahoma motor credit for the amount of$10874.17,with interest thereon at the contractual rate of 20.950% and I need an attorney to represent me ASAP!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Oklahoma,and filed on Mar 20,2018

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

5/20/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

What is your specific legal question?

I don't know what to do! How do I fight this?

The first step is to file an answer to the complaint filed and served on you.

The more difficult you make it to get a judgment, the more likely it is that the lender will negotiate an acceptable settlement.

So, first, make sure they can not get a default judgment.

If you have any defenses or counterclaims, you would want to include them in the answer.

How do I file an answer to the complaint? What do I need to say to the lawyer that is on this case against me?
What do I say to the attorney?
I have never had to do this before and don't know exactly what to say or how to reply.
I am limited on time to reply back also.

The Answer is your written response to the statements in the Complaint. You are the defendant.

In your Answer, state for each allegation of fact that you ADMIT, DENY, OR LACK KNOWLEDGE OF each statement made by Plaintiff. Do not admit any statement unless you know it is 100% true. DO NOT GUESS! If you do not know if the account number listed is your loan number or if the amount Plaintiff says you owe is correct, DENY the statement. If you do not understand what Plaintiff is saying, say you LACK KNOWLEDGE.

Type or neatly print your answer. Your Answer must be clear and readable. By filing an Answer in time, you keep your rights to argue about this matter in court and to get notice of future hearings.

While you can pursue this pro se, it is strongly recommended you retain an attorney to represent you. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Thank you for you advise.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney