I have been off from my job.becase of reduction in force,

Hi, I have been...

Hi, I have been laid off from my job.becase of reduction in force, they gave me servance package to sign

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

However, they are people in office with H1B visa & EB2 & L1 visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes I am at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question is this that company can keep alien worker & layoff us citizen?

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/19/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Hi

Good evening,

At will employees may be terminated at any time, with or without cause. So yes, it is legal for an employer to decide to lay off citizens and keep other alien employees. Unless the employer was terminating you for an unlawful reason (e.g., because of your race, religion, age, sex, disability or national origin, for example) this is permissible.

As I know when company file for alien visa they should say that they didn’t have lay off & they are shrtage on workforce
Is it true?
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question today.I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this question. For work sponsorship of visas to come to the US a condition of sponsorship is that the alien have a specialized skill not readily available in the US .

When applying for a h1b visa for these employees your employer cannot displace US citizens already employed or laid off within a certain amount of time and the employee conditions shouldn't be effected by aliens working in your workplace.

Your employer was required to file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor to sponsor these employees so you could file a complaint where you believe that your employer is employing aliens to displace employees at your workplace.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htm

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and get a credit for my time after you take the time to leave positive feedback today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney