I was recently served with defamation lawsuit by neighbor.

I was recently served...

I was recently served with defamation lawsuit by neighbor. She is suing 4 building residents & 1 former building manager. We do not have any money. We live in CCBA Senior Garden apt at reduced rent. Our income is too much for court fee waiver. We need legal help

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Cuban lawyer about this?

Why would I

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Called Legal Aid (don't do this kind of case). Called Elder law (only provide advice not representation)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is a first amended complaint, adding building management as defendant. We had filed form answers to first complaint and hoped to find someone to file anti SLAPP motion. Now that changes with new Complaint

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/18/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings and welcome to the site. I am in the process of reviewing your question and working on a reply! I will be right back!
Is this person claiming false statements were made and injury sustained?
It is a poorly written complaint. She is now asking for damages. Also TRO pending with hearing date next week.
Prior TRO dismissed in March. She is using Court to harass residents in the building
You can answer without counsel denying the claims. You can also file a motion to dismiss and seek sanction and an order barring her from filing again without leave of court.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me
INFOLAWYER, Attorney