I will be applying to medical school and on the application…

I will be applying to...
I will be applying to medical school and on the application it states thisHave you ever been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to, a Misdemeanor crime, excluding 1) any offense for which you were adjudicated as a juvenile, 2) any convictions which have been expunged or sealed by a court, or 3) any misdemeanor convictions for which any probation has been completed and the case dismissed by the court (in states where applicable)I was going to put this.Convicted of reckless driving/20mph above posted speed(Location)Restricted driving for 6 months
Completed weekend work program for 31 daysI take full responsibility for my actions and have shown a positive trend of no further infractions
5/18/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
Completed weekend work program for 31 daysI take full responsibility for my actions and have shown a positive trend of no further infractionsIt looked like you did not receive the entire question so I am posting it again
What was the exact section of law and state of the conviction
My question is how can I word this so I answer what they ask but not give away unnecessary information?
I can help you but I need the exact charging section
Where would I find that information?
On the disposition paper from the court.You don’t want to state a charge that’s in accurate. Remember, Committees are reluctant to admit students who may not be able to get eventual credentials or state licenses. They will be looking at whether any convictions involved crimes that raise doubts about a student's fitness to eventually practice medicine.
A reckless driving charge is not a crime that overly concerns the Committees.The types of crimes that usually concern admissions committees are those that involve dishonesty (such as cheating or fraud) or possible risks to patients (such as drug offenses or sexual and violent crimes). They also keep in mind how the public may view the offense and whether it could be a predictor of future destructive behaviors or crimes.Also keep in mind that crimes that may not seem related to medicine at first glance may be problematic, depending on the circumstances.Withholding all or part of a criminal record could lead to a rescinding of an acceptance, or if discovered later on, even dismissal from medical school. Schools consider withholding this information to be a form of dishonesty.In the statement it helps to state any mitigating factors: Committees typically view the context of the circumstances leading to the conviction and any steps taken toward rehabilitation favorably. They like applicants to have reflected on the incident, show remorse, and show mitigating circumstances and steps taken to address problem.For reckless driving it’s a good idea to state what happened, the community service you served, and how you gave changed since the incident.If you can’t find the record, and your sure it was a misdemeanor then follow this. What you have needs to be expanded upon.1. Explain what happened.2. Clearly State the facts. Do not give your opinion.4. Share only relevant information.5. Express regret. (That’s important)6. Demonstrate the personal growth and development that resulted from learning to take responsibility for your actions. (Equally important).I hope this clarifies and helps. Please don’t forget to rate the question question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.
my lawyer has all the paper work. But to help you better understand I was driving 105/55mph I eventually lost control of the car and crashed (nobody else was involved). The car was later totaled and I had no injuries. I was convicted of reckless driving and sentenced to 31 days in jail to be served on weekends and 6 months restricted driving. This all sounds really bad however, all that should show up when I pull up the police report should be reckless driving (not how fast). I do not want to go into much detail because I think foley the facts worded right are all that is needed. I can added I did an advanced driving program and have personally grown from the situation and have had no further infractions
It is a misdemeanor
That would help. You should emphasize that it was an isolated incident, you have taken an advanced driving course and you are older and wiser with regards ***** ***** road safety and the importance of traffic rules and regulations.I hope this clarifies
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer