Ok I'm wondering how I can tell when some one is trying to…

Ok my name is*****'m...

Ok my name is*****'m wondering how I can tell when some one is trying to scam me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Centralia washingtion

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

No right now theirs this guy that are selling tiny yorkies puppys but I cant remember what state he is in

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I am disabled and I get caought up with things like this all the time I think the guy lives in texas

5/17/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

There's a very popular pet scam that's been going around. I will tell you how it works, and if this is what is going on, DO NOT BUY THIS DOG as you'll be scammed. Scams follow a predictable pattern because it works. So you'll either recognize the pattern, in which case you'll know it's a fraud, or you won't.

Typically, you answer an ad on Craigslist or on some pet finder site for a puppy. The ad promises that the animal is of high quality and well and will come with all of its papers. If there's a photo of the animal on the ad, the pup would appear to be of show quality. The animal's price is well below the value that such a pet is worth.

The "sellers" come up with some plausible reason for the low fee, but you are told you will have to pay for the transport. You are required to wire the money via Western Union or MoneyGram -- or to pay by some other means that has no buyer protection, a huge red flag. You also won't be allowed to come see the pet before you have to put down your money or come and pick it up and pay at the breeders. And you can't choose the carrier. The so called seller selects the means of transport and it will be an outfit you've never heard of which, in fact, doesn't really exist, as it turns out.

Once you pay the money, the "seller" will ask you for more. Typically, the pup turns out not to have quite all of his shots after all and so gets turned away from the plane. Or the shipping crate does not conform to code and you're told you will have to pay for another one. Or they will ask you to absorb the cost of insurance which was never mentioned before. That will cost you more money, and each time you pay them, there will be another reason that they will request still more.

Finally, if you keep paying, you will be told that the pup has arrived but either he is supposedly being held by the authorities, for which you'll have to pay to release him from his so-called quarantine or he has somehow landed in the wrong state or gone missing. Whatever, you will be told that it will cost you money to maintain or find the puppy until it gets to you -- which, of course, it never does.

This too reasonably priced Yorkie can cost you a staggering amount of money when all is said and done and there is no puppy and never was.You are dealing with con artists at a computer somewhere probably overseas looking to manipulate a pet lover into paying literally thousands of dollars for what was a too-good to be true deal you will never see because the pup simply doesn't exist.

If this sounds familiar, and it probably does if you've bothered to post a question here, cease all contact with the scammers, report the fraud to your police and online to the FBI at www.IC3.gov their Internet Crime Complaint Center.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Thank you

You're very welcome.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or (hopefully) 5 stars on the rating scale, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

I find your service to be a 10

Thanks!

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney