legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

If my penalty for driving without insurance in Hawaii is

If my penalty for driving without insurance in Hawaii is losing my liscence for two years can they take my liscence even though it’s issued from another state?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

One state does not have jurisdiction over another state's license; but they can report the offense to the Driver's License Compact so it typically results in suspension in the home state;

Please see:

http://apps.csg.org/ncic/Compact.aspx?id=56

please see relevant statute here so while the statute allows the state to suspend the license of the registered car owner, or the driver, normally the state will not have the ability to suspend the license but may report it to the home state.

Further questions please post here.

If no further questions kindly rate positively so the site credits me for my time.

The above information is for educational purposes only; if one seeks legal advice please contact the local bar association for a referral to a licensed attorney in your area that is able to review your case in a private, confidential setting and will be able to tailor advise specific to your situation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What happens if my state isn’t apart of that?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Then it is possible that the state will not find out but since most insurance companies access this information it may be reported to the insurance company and then they may cancel the insurance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the state of Hawaii should not be able to take my TN liscence from me at my court trial?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry if I’m being redundant I just want reassurance on it

I cannot find any authority on this;

the court may order a person in their jurisdiction to physically hand over a license but they don't have the ability to actually cause it to register as suspended as they don't have access to that state's internal system; though they can report it as mentioned above.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.