Is it illegal to release helium balloons in the state of…

Is it illegal to...

Is it illegal to release helium balloons in the state of Illinois?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an IL lawyer about this?

No, all I can find on the computer is that it is okay in Illinois with restrictions as noted but I can't find the noted restrictions

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I've Googled:

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it illegal to release helium balloons in Illinois? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-illegal-to-release-helium-balloons-in-Illinois
This is OK in Illinois with restrictions as noted. However don't ... Geoffrey White, former Head Teacher of Industrial Engineering at TAFE NSW?

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/17/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Loren, Attorney

There is no specific law in Illinois regarding the release of helium balloons.

It may violate the Illinois Litter Control Act, but I am not aware of any balloon releases prompting prosecution under those laws.

There are certain states which do have such laws, CA and FL, for examples, but Illinois is not counted in their number.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you for the quick response.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.