I need an attorney bad but right now have no money and do…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney bad but right now have no money and do not know where to go.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Colntacted Morgan and Morgan to help but the other person that caused the car wreck didn't have any insurance. Was texting, didn't take an alcohol test at the scene, was speeding , car was not registered, totaled my car, found out after I did not have uninsured motorist and collision on my car. My son was hurt and is being treated for whip lash

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I think thats all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/17/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Do not know where to go
Need help!

Ok; what can I help you with exactly? What questions did you have for me today?

Would I have a better chance of putting a lien on their property to get any monies out of them and what is the time frame it has to be done by/

I see. Thank you for providing that. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, you can get a lien only if you sue and you win. A lawyer is not necessary to sue and you could do it in your local small claims court or your district court if the amount exceeds the small claims limit.

This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand. In most cases, damages are paid out to compensate for medical treatment, lost income, property loss, and pain and suffering.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?