Is a scammers. He suppose to be I Scotland on an oil rig.

Customer Question
Is ***** ***** a...

Is ***** ***** a scammers

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are the scammers in? It matters because laws vary by location.

He suppose to be I Scotland on an oil rig

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have the scammers taken so far?

Establish a relationship ask about my finances ask for an I phone ask for an amazon card

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He wanted me to get myself an engagement ring

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
5/17/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.

Yes, the "oil rig" scam is an EXCEPTIONALLY common one. I personally have lost count as to the number of questions I've answered about that particular scam. We had so many that I've started sending customers this link: http://romancescams.org/TypesOfScams It shows the many many many types of romance scams that these people perpetrate. PLEASE don't fall for it. You WILL lose money. Your guy or girl - whoever it is hiding behind the computer - is pretty brazen asking for money already... ALL of them eventually do - but some wait a few months (yesterday I had a question where the guy waited three YEARS before asking). Again, this is a scam. And I just want to save you a bit of heartache (and a financial headache) by telling you so. I want you to know the landscape so you'll be prepared to respond. And then if you choose to disregard that, that is of course your right. I don't do this for the ratings - I do this so that people can have the information they need (rather than just spinning their wheels) - and unfortunately sometimes that means giving good people information they don't love to receive. I really hope you understand that I'm just trying to help. If you give me a "bad" or "negative" rating for "good" information I'll be upset - and we do see those ratings instantaneously - but I understand that this is your choice. Please ask me anything - I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Hi. I just wanted to check back with you. To make sure you have the information that I sent. Here is again below... please ask me if you have any additional questions. I'd be happy to help!

the "oil rig" scam is an EXCEPTIONALLY common one. I personally have lost count as to the number of questions I've answered about that particular scam. We had so many that I've started sending customers this link: http://romancescams.org/TypesOfScams It shows the many many many types of romance scams that these people perpetrate. PLEASE don't fall for it. You WILL lose money. Your guy or girl - whoever it is hiding behind the computer - is pretty brazen asking for money already... ALL of them eventually do - but some wait a few months (yesterday I had a question where the guy waited three YEARS before asking). Again, this is a scam. And I just want to save you a bit of heartache (and a financial headache) by telling you so. I want you to know the landscape so you'll be prepared to respond. And then if you choose to disregard that, that is of course your right. I don't do this for the ratings - I do this so that people can have the information they need (rather than just spinning their wheels) - and unfortunately sometimes that means giving good people information they don't love to receive. I really hope you understand that I'm just trying to help. If you give me a "bad" or "negative" rating for "good" information I'll be upset - and we do see those ratings instantaneously - but I understand that this is your choice. I would just ask that you leave the question unrated, rather than giving a negative rating for correct information. Please ask me anything - I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.