Real estate law question ... Not yet ... Simply making an…

Virginia real estate law...

Virginia real estate law question ...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

Not yet ...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Simply making an inquiry ...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can explain with the attorney ...

just executed a real estate sales contract
5/17/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Hello - I hope you are well.
I'm doing a home inspection today and am in the process of finalizing a 30 year conventional loan. I've included a copy of the sales contract.
Question 1 - how bound am I to this contract? If I decide to back out what are the legal ramifications?
Question 2 - the seller has gotten just about everything they want (full price on the condo, move in date) - I'd like to know what kind of leverage I have in making a request for partial funding (say $2500) of the closing costs.

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

1. Until you actually close on the property, you aren't bound to buy it. Whether there are legal ramifications depends on when you decide to back out and whether there is any harm caused to the other party as a result. If the other party has paid thousands of dollars for improvements on the home per your specifications, and you back out, then they may sue you for the cost of those inspections. My recommendation is that if you are unsure now, you should exit the deal now.

2. If you're concerned that the seller is getting more than what you're comfortable giving, I have found that honesty is the best policy. You could explain tot he seller that because you have made this process smooth in terms of price and move-in date, to better secure your performance, would they be willing to partially fund the closing costs. You could remind them that this is a good market for them and this would be a small concession that would help close this deal.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Legal Eagle - I like the moniker!
Thanks - I appreciate your counsel and your time. I may have follow up questions but this is great for now!
Thanks so much!

Thank you! The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
LAMAR BULLEN
Phone call session started