I was contacted by a company to help consolidate my debts, I…

I was contacted by...

I was contacted by a company to help consolidate my debts, I told them yes on the phone, but now they are sending a notary to my house, I do not want to sign am I still obligated to the agreement?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

VA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, just do not want to sign, anything do not want their business, changed my min

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know am I obligated because they recorded me

5/17/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Did you sign anything yet?

No

You do not have to follow through with this. You can cancel the home visit and tell them not to bother you again.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
I am not responsible

Correct. Best regards.