I have Coffee Shope been in Bussines 30 years .Big Developer…

Customer Question
I have Coffee Shope...

I have Coffee Shope been in Bussines 30 years .Big Developer just purchased building where my Coffee shope is and there is 10 more tenants stores similar to mine .i have 5 more years left on Lease and Developer is trying to buy us out which I don’t have problem for the right price .Devaloper demolished building next door to us and now he is saying that there is Crack on our building so he wants us out quick . Question is if we don’t make deal with him and somehow gets us out for safety reasons and we end up in Court is he gong to be able to keep working on project either do that is not done with us another words we are going to Take this mater to court and is he going to be able to keep working on his project even that is on Court with us about the same thing

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Queens NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
5/17/2018
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 3 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 3 months ago

You need to retain an attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights. Here are some highly rated attorneys who can help you:

David Rozenholc tel(###) ###-####/p>

Steven R. Sutton ***-***-**** http://www.ssuttonlaw.com/Landlord-Tenant-Litigation/Commercial-Landlord-Tenant.aspx

Joshua Price (###) ###-#### http://www.pricelawfirmnyc.com/attorneys/joshua-c-price/

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you until you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question, I would appreciate it if you ranked my service excellent/5 stars at the top of the page. A BONUS is also appreciated if you think that I have earned one.-

I did not ask for advice but I do appreciate just answer to this question please ? If this case end up in Curt is Developer going to be able to keep working on this building even if our case is pending or he has to stop working until this case is resolved
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 3 months ago

I know that you requested a phone call to discuss. The best people to talk to are the people I referred you to above. If you want to be able to operate your business while the developer continues his project, you will need to get approval from the court. Only a lawyer familiar with the courts in Queens can tell you that.