I am a Section 8 voucher holder in Prince George's County…

I am a Section...

I am a Section 8 voucher holder in Prince George's County Maryland I have had mold in my home and I think it's still here because they've only checked one place in the house I've been in the hospital for it and they're saying that my heart is swollen now I have sarcoidosis of the lung and it has been in remission for almost 6 years and now I'm taking steroids again for that what remedies do I have when the homeowners association took from February when I first informed them until April to finish my apartment and it was just one room and then I found mold again in my kitchen instead of my living room I'm still getting sick I'm very fatigued and I have to get a echocardiogram tomorrow to find out why my heart is swollen what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have been going to my doctor's appointments I've had a therapist come by to help me because my oxygen levels keep dropping my landlord their belly they barely wanted it done cuz they didn't want to pay the extra money and I just don't know what to do now I just want to know if I have a soup

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MD lawyer about this?

I'm not sure how to do that how would I get in touch with someone

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's about it I appreciate you

5/17/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks
I prefer to text
I like to be able to read

Call the county rental housing inspector to inspect and pressure the landlord to remediate, and file for rent escrow in the District Court to pay your rent to the Court until the mold is remediated and possibly get an abatement of your rent.

This link has information on city and county mold inspections: https://tpf.legal/slumlord/

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you until you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question, I would appreciate it if you ranked my service excellent/5 stars at the top of the page. A BONUS is also appreciated if you think that I have earned one.-

Edward Young
I still didn't receive an answer. What are my options

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-visaspecialist/ Or, simply request “Edward only” in the first line of your question.