A girl who owed me money filed a harrassment complaint

A girl who owed...

A girl who owed me money filed a harrassment complaint against me

Lawyer's Assistant: Have harassment charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No. i was filing a small claims against her

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the harassment occur?

Texas I said in a text i can make your life difficult meaning through a suit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

A police officer called me today

5/17/2018
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ok

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with over 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Threatenin people in regard to disagreements can create problems as you can see. It is too easy to have your meaning misunderstood or intentionally twisted.

But the vagueness of your threat makes it difficult if not impossible for law enforcement to do anything unless you continue to contact the other person.

This does not mean that you can not pursue your law suit. It just means that you can not have extraneous contact with the person.

So other than the legal filings you should have no further contact weith her.

At this point, based on what you have stated there is no basis for a claim or action against you.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
we can contact people that shes been in contact with to see if they've been scammed by her
instagram followers exes etc

Yes. You can search for and find witnesses for your suit. You can not contact her.

Thank you for the positive rating.