I have a summary trial in pa for traffic fine for which I…

I have a summary...

I have a summary trial in pa for traffic fine for which I pleaded not guilty, the fine states that my registration was expired for 1 year when in fact it was expired for 6 days

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

PA, I have not contacted lawer

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I plan on representing myself but would like to know my chances of getting the fine lowered or eliminated

5/17/2018
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with over 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You should be able to at least get the fines reduced. You want to contact the Prosecuting attorney before going to court. You should be able to find out who the attorney is who is assigned to your case by contacting the County District Attorney where the ticket was issued.

Call the attorney on the phone and see if they will negotiate with you.

If you reach an agreement make sure that you still go to court and have the judge approve the agreement. Sometimes prosecutors "forget" that there was a deal and you get a no show warrant issued or a default judgment issued.

Go early to court and meet again with the prosecutor. You can remind them you have a deal OR if you do not have one you can try again.

If you can not make a deal you can try to persuade the court to impose a mnimal fine.

Here is the law on this:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=75&div=0&chpt=13&sctn=1&subsctn=0

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Thanks for your help, extremely helpful

Good luck.