My HOA is suing me for planting flowers and allegedly not…

My HOA is suing...

My HOA is suing me for planting flowers and allegedly not paying HOA fees ...if I prove them wrong because the didn't send me any notice for 6 no and hired an attorney when I was tying to work with them a how can I not pay their attorneys fees

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I told the attorney I didn't want to go to court and how much did the want and they said 1700.....we went the plea hearing I gave him my pics and letters and they set for court on the 6th of June at 830 am...can I ask for an extension to consult with an attorney...because they are accruing more costs and not willing to budge....their attorney said he would get back with me be the end of the week we went to court and he did not...I reached out to their office and left voicemails and he didn't respond..the paralegal said she wanted 1900 now and how did I want to pay it and I told her that I'm not in violation and I didn't want to pay anything..she said that wasn't going to happen and u asked for my pics back and she hung up in me

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Adams county colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have talked to law educator before

5/17/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings and welcome to the site. I am in the process of reviewing your question and working on a reply! I will be right back!
The fees will be waived or not enforced where you show it failed to timely give notice. If needed court can so decide.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreement. If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me
I contacted my attorney and they want money I don't have.....is me not trying to negotiate with the HOA and their attorney enough?
You attempted to good faith and legal fees will not normally be awarded!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney