I do not wish to contest my citation, and I will willingly…

I do not wish...

I do not wish to contest my citation, and I will willingly pay my fine. I got the citation for failing to yield to right of way, which if found guilty, requires I attend traffic school. This is the part I want to get out of. I'm a 44 year old mother of two who is going to nursing school. I know what I did wrong, and going to sit through traffic school is a waste of my time when I'm already well aware of the traffic laws. I have no other violations on my record except for a few speeding tickets years ago. Can I make a request to the judge to get out of the traffic school part of my citation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not required that I appear, but if I wish to contest it the date is a week from today.

5/17/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your traffic law question today in Wisconsin. I'm attorney Bill assisting you today. If your citation indicates that you must attend court then you can request the judge not order the specific traffic school course.

That said the laws have been recently amended in Wisconsin for certain traffic violations and the judge will have no choice but to implement the statute if it applies to you.

For example:

"

For convictions resulting from violations on or after Dec. 2, 2017:

• When the violation results in no harm or bodily harm, Right-of-Way course must be completed within 6 months or your operating privilege will be suspended up to 5 years"

If you have a copy of the citation you received you can post it to this site allowing me to offer more information on this traffic infraction and your legal options.

Just a reminder I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney