I need someone who can tell me how to request to appear at a…

I need someone who...

I need someone who can tell me how to request to appear at a child support modification in Family Court in Dallas Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in TX family court?

Appear by phone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. I am the custodial parent living in Colorado. The hearing is on Dallas on June 18. The father pays the support and lives in Texas. I cannot afford an attorney to represent me. I just need someone who can assist me in filing a request to appear at the hearing via phone conference

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does the lawyer need to know the actual case number ***** other specific info related to the hearing?

5/16/2018
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

Here is the Motion you need to complete and file with the clerk:

https://www.lsc.gov/sites/default/files/LSC/pdfs/4.%20%20Appendix%20III%20%20Motion%20to%20Appear%20Via%20Telephone%20or%20Video%20Conference.pdf

She is not incarcerated. She and the kids live in Colorado Springs. And she doesn't have an attorney in Texas. However, would this be similar to what she would use anyway?
I think I'm okay with corresponding via text if you are. I've given all the information I have with the exception of the case number ***** exact location of the hearing.
I just need to know what form to use for her request.

Yes, you may change the document to fit the individual's needs. You need to have a valid reason for having to appear telephonically. Another option is to call the clerk's office and request the judge's assistants phone number. You may then call the assistant and ask for the judge's procedure to appear telephonically. Usually the assistant will walk you through the procedure.

Thank you!

No problem! Please remember to rate my service. Thank you!

Jessica B
May I still ask another question?

Yes as long as it pertains to original question.

I received a notice of hearing for modifying child support from the Texas Attorney General's Office. The notice ordered me to appear. However, I can't afford the travel expenses required to go to Texas from Colorado. I do not have an attorney representing me because I cannot afford one. I need to know what to do to make the request to appear via phone or video conferencing at the hearing. The Attorney General representative or judge will be hearing the modification request. Would I still use the same form you sent me? Or is there a different procedure for making the request before the Attorney General's hearing?
I am the custodial parent. Their father pays the support to me rather then the other way around.
I called the AG office and they told me they couldn't tell me what to do. They just referred me to Texaslawhelp.org. But I'm haven't a hard time finding what I need.
Can I attach a photo of the notice so you can see specifically what I'm talking about?

There is not a different procedure. You need to file a Motion Requesting to Appear Telephonically. In the motion you want to state the reasons for why you must appear by telephone. State the distance and the expense and that you do not have the resources. You need to file it as soon as possible so that you will know whether they will grant it.

You may attach the photo.

How do I attach the photo?

I believe there is a paper clip looking icon above the text screen. You click that and attach the photo.

Here it is.

Ok, when you call the number at the bottom of the notice, you need to tell them that you live out of state and that you need to appear telephonically.

Here is a memo stating how to request to appear telephonically:

http://www.bellcountytx.com/county_government/district_courts/iv-d_associate_judge/docs/telephonic_hearing_request.pdf

Thank you so much. That answered my question.

No problem!