I have a question about elder law. Nv. I have power of

I have a question...

I have a question about elder law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nv

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have power of attorney for her finances only. her son is in charge of her physical care. He does not do it. she got bed bugs she has decided to move to assisted living

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

However, she is an alchoholic, and forgets from time to time with her mood I need to have an agreement that covers me in the event that I try to sell the house and she forgets

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/16/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings and welcome to the site. I am in the process of reviewing your question and working on a reply! I will be right back!
What outcome do you envision at this point?
like I said, I would like an agreement between the elder, and myself, that says that she is agreeing to selling her home, and moving into assisted living because of her need for more physical care. She has someone that comes over and brings her alchahol and is hoping to move in and live off of her. She is not thinking properly and I do not want to put a bunch of time and effort into making this happen, if she is going to turn on me and act like this was not her decision later
The fact is, she has such bad bed bugs, that no one should really be living in there at all if it goes any further
she decided to stop payment on her house months ago also, because of the bed bugs. we were going to get her out as soon as we replaced the flooring, but the son was supposed to do the renuvations, and has burnded thru all of the money every month. She makes horrible decisions because of him, and now I am holding the bag
.
Hello???
are you still there?
Options are for you to be appointed poa or if person lacks capacity to petition the court for guardianship.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need mePlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
POA?
Power of attorney.
I Have power of attorney
I said that
I don;t want to have to have a case!?!!? I need an agreement that shows that she is of sound mind and body, and that she is agreeing to allow me to help her and that she wants to do these things...
You don’t have poa on this issue. If you do you can act. If you dont you need the specific poa. No agreement is necessary. If want some comfort a A letter signed by her would suffice consenting to your anticipated work on her behalf.
Okay. Thanks
Very welcome.Please click on the 5 star rating (*****) on the question page - that’s how I get credit for my time by the site. If you dont see the rating button, please just reply “5 stars” Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
5 stars