My wife is selling a home she had before we met and I just…

My wife is selling...

My wife is selling a home she had before we met and I just purchased myself a new car how can that mess up her house sell

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I’m not even involved in the sell there about to sign docs in two days is all I know she’s selling the house to her daughter and son in law

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also she wasn’t involved in my car purchased nor was her credit checked for it also I never mentioned married or anything on my car loan or anything

5/16/2018
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Ok

Good evening. Your purchase of a car should have absolutely no impact on your wife selling a house that is her separate property. The sale of a house is not impacted at all. If she were buying a house and trying to get a mortgage and you purchased a car on credit, that could impact her. But the sale of a house does not have any relevance because she's the seller, not the buyer! Bot***** *****ne...she should not be impacted at all!

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

No phone call I’ll wait for your respon

No worries at all about the phone call. JustAnswer generates those without any input from experts; we have no control. No need for a call. :)

She’s talking to her agent and she said it better not show up and I don’t know show up on what?

Her agent is an idiot if he thinks you purchasing a car will impact her sale of a house.

Her agent has been doing this for years why would she tell her that

No idea. But the sale of a house does not have any relevance to the seller's credit! The seller is receiving the money! It's the buyer whose credit is important in the sale of a house; NOT the seller. If you're selling a house, no one even cares about your credit!

Well she back screaming saying she has to fill out some form

I don't have any idea what she could be screaming about but it is certainly not related to you buying a car having any impact on her ability to sell her home.

Ok she said because we’re marriex

It doesn't make any difference. It might if she was buying a home because of the impact on community credit. But, she's the seller! She's not applying for any mortgage!

but she said she’s incurs the debt of me buying the car and it effects the sell

It absolutely does NOT impact a sale of a house! That is simply ludicrous! If the agent is telling her that, the agent should lose her license. There is no way on God's green earth that her credit impacts a sale of her house.

The only thing a broker brings to the table is to find a buyer for the seller. The broker is not a credit analyst and the broker is not a lawyer. The broker has no business even venturing an opinion on this and if I were involved in this, I would file a formal ethics complaint against her with the board of realtors.

I have to take my puppy out for a few minutes; if you have a further follow up before I return, I will address your follow up immeidately upon my return. Thanks for your patience.

Wow she now filling out paperwork sayingshe’s not married
How do I do the rating

I have no idea what's she's doing; it's fine to claim this is her sole and separate property since she owned it before marriage. But, what she's doing and what's she's being told makes no sense at all!

Ok where do I rate your 5 stars

Thank you! There should be a rating opportunity on your screen; if for some reason there is not, let me know and i'll reach out to Customer Service. :)

It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Richard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time!