I filed an answer to a complaint a few days ago. May I still…

I filed an answer...

I filed an answer to a complaint a few days ago. May I still file a counterclaim without filing a motion? I am acting pro-sa

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

It is a claim filed by a note holder of a Company that I was one of two managing partners. I did not sign the note personally only on behalf of the Company. The Company folded when he called in the note. The claim is against the defunct Company, myself and the other managing member. I filed an answer on behalf of myself (only).

5/15/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Yes, you can file an amended answer without a motion but you want to do so right away.

Thank you. I filed the answer by direction of the court via online. When I file the amended answer do I still have to have the Plaintiffs attorney served since he will get the notification on line?

Precisely, lawyer gets it online, but you can send a courtesty copy but not mandatory.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney