My girl and I have same charges ...got them at same time..if…

Customer Question
My girl and I...

My girl and I have same charges ...got them at same time..if mine get dropped.. doesn't hers ??

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

It's a long story..yes I have court date..but my lawyer would only represent me...of course that put questions in her eyes..and from my understanding if my charges get dropped so does hers..I wanted her to see this in lawers text if u don't mind ..please help me..

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

This happened at my place in NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
5/13/2018
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 3 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

Just because charges are dismissed against one defendant does not mean charges must be dismissed against a co-defendant. Sometimes charges get dismissed/reduced against one defendant in exchange for testimony by that defendant against the others involved. Sometimes, a prosecutor believes that the evidence against one defendant is stronger than against another and that a conviction can be obtained. I obviously have no idea of knowing what the prosecutor's office is thinking, but the bot***** *****ne is the case can proceed against her even if dropped against you.

If I may clarify anything or provide you with additional information, please let me know, and I'll be happy to help! Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, so I am credited for my time and assistance by the website. Thank you.