Subway sold apples that I bought for my son ILD.! Subway…

Good afternoon. I am...

Good afternoon. I am FURIOUS! Subway sold apples that I bought for my son ILD

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Good afternoon. I am FURIOUS! Subway sold apples that I bought for my son that are OLD/EXPIRED/Rotten apples! What can I do???

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am in Texas and none it happened today!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

5/13/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Did you or your son eat the apples? Was medical treatment required?

Did you contact the Subway where they were purchased to get a refund?

No

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger.

Without any personal injury (thankfully), your claim is, essentially, based in contract. In other words, Subway breached its contract with you in selling you apples which were not fit for consumption. The legal remedy is a refund of the purchase price.

If you contact their corporate customer service dept (1(###) ###-#### they may give you some coupons for free merchandise to make it up to you.

It is not the sort of claim you would take to court or retain an attorney for.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels on this.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney
Thanks for your precise help.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I AM FURIOUS MY SON IS ONLY 1 years old and was bitten at his school 3 times by a kid in the same day!!! I want to sue the parents of the kid and the school!! Can I do this?

You may be able to sue the school for not protecting your son.

Please remember that site rules require that you open a new thread to ask a new question. Thank you for understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just paid 19 dollars to ask this question.

You do not have a claim against the parents for their child biting your child. The law says that parents are not legally liable for the intentional torts of their child.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I sue the school for allowing my 1 year old to NOT be safe!!