I am a senior citizen living in a trailer park. I recently…

I am a senior...

I am a senior citizen living in a trailer park. I recently bought another trailer from the same park to upgrade. I have been paying 2 lor rents and utolities for both for 3 months because everyone works .and I can't do it by myself.My last check bounced because of fraud on my checking account which I am finally straightening out.In the meantime my only sibling has been in the hospital on a vent for over 3 weeksand I have been up there everyday with him. Now because of that one month's rent on both trailers and this month's rent being due. they are taking me to court and threatening to evict me. Can they do that after only one month when I have offered to pay ir.?.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No .rhis only happened in the last 2 weeks and I thought they would allow me to pay because I haved lived here for 8 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Ada ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have threatened to evict me before for not having yard trimmed even though they don't do any upkeep here as far as plowing snow,fixing road etc.

5/12/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please ignore any reports from the site regarding your expert being offline, they are incorrect as delays in replies are caused by many reasons including working with multiple customers on this site or clients in our office at the same time.

if you did not pay rent up to date as agreed, they can seek to evict you. Your set of unfortunate circumstances, while sad and unfortunate, would not have any bearing on whether or not you paid your rent on time. The park SHOULD do the ethical and moral thing because of the fraud and the illness and give you some additional time to pay BUT ethical and moral is not always the same as the legal thing. Legally, with you being late on rent, unless you pay it all up to date, they can seek to evict you under the circumstances you described.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

people can be evicted for 1 month's rent

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, some landlords will evict tenants over only 1 month late rent and there is nothing in the law that prevents it. I do not know a landlord who would do that to an 8 year tenant who has not been any problem and has not been late before, that would just mean there is a jerk for a landlord.

Thank you

Thank you.