I live in Riverside CA and I'm representing myself in a

I live in Riverside...

I live in Riverside CA and I'm representing myself in a criminal case and I would like to know if I can request a Judge trial not a Jury trial

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes charges has been filed and my trial is scheduled for next week

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this yet?

I was presented by a public defender attorney, she got really sick and could not continue the case so I decided to represent myself

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

5/12/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - you have a constitutional right to a jury trial. There will be a form in court that you can sign that you can waive that right and request a bench trial.

If my jury trial is already scheduled next week, can I still request a bench trial or is it too late?

you can always request a bench trial - the day of and even halfway through a jury trial.

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer